Saturday, October 08, 2016

Awareness Day

Today is Trigeminal Neuralgia Awareness Day....and many TNers on Facebook have been trying to turn the world teal in order to get the condition noticed. Buildings lighting up teal, bridges turning teal, teal clothes, teal jewellery, teal nails even teal hair. They've done really well. Or even teally well.














I have to confess that I haven't gone teal. Actually, I've just looked down and realised that's a lie. I am wearing a teal t-shirt under my fleece. That's just by coincidence though and it's the same one I was wearing yesterday! No teal nails. No teal hair...

But for the last few weeks I've worked hard with the girls on End TN to make posters, information files and a video for today to try to bring understanding as well as awareness. So, to anyone like me, who hasn't gone teal, don't worry....do what you can, when you can. And if you can't, that's fine too.


Awareness is important. Not just for trigeminal neuralgia. There are so many illnesses and conditions which people don't know about. And so many which are well known, but still need understanding and funding.

Within my own family, there have been conditions we'd rather not have had to learn about. Kidney cancer, bowel cancer, liver cancer, Sydenham's Chorea, S.I.D.S. Each one as horrible as the other. Each one as frightening as the other. And each one leaves scars of some kind.

Every condition needs so much more understanding and awareness. Hopefully one day, we'll all get that.

1 comment:

  1. Yes we must never forget the world consist of more than teal... and how important it is not to just say teal and tn but what it really is....

    I actually had teal sneakers on lol...

    Brilliant as always :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment